Saturday, July 26, 2008

X-Files (no baby yet)

I did get my long-awaited Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz, but I'll keep with tradition and save the review for tomorrow. I keep telling the Minion that now that I've gotten to enjoy my favorite ice cream flavor he should feel free to come whenever he wants. It would be fitting to end my Ben & Jerry's journey with my all-time top pick. I took a loooooong walk last night, another one this morning, and I plan to go out again after the Yankees beat the red sox for a second day in a row when it's cooler out.

So the X-Files movie definitely won't go down in history as a great film. It probably won't even be remembered as a "good" film, and mediocre might be pushing it for the general viewing public. Yes, the movie definitely had its shortcomings, but if you look at it as "another X-Files movie" and go with low expectations it's an enjoyable 2 hours for a real fan of the characters. Charlie was disappointed because it didn't include any aliens, but that was ok with me because I was always a fan of the "monster of the week" episodes. Add to that the fact that David Duchovny has always been easy on the eyes and apparently ages very well (as does Gillian Anderson, but it was definitely odd to see her with long hair), and I wouldn't call it a waste of money. All the same, you'd probably be better off waiting for the rental.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got your favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor. Thanks for the review of the movie :o) I really hope that you are at the hospital and in labor right now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails