Thursday, May 22, 2008

S'Mores

Ham Porter: Hey, you want a s'more?
Smalls: Some more of what?
Ham Porter: No, do you want a s'more?
Smalls: I haven't had anything yet... so how can I have some more of nothing?
Ham Porter: You're killing me, Smalls! These are s'mores stuff. Okay, pay attention. First you take the graham. You stick the chocolate on the graham. Then, you roast the mallow. When the mallow's flaming, you stick it on the chocolate. Then you cover it with the other end. Then, you stuff.

Bonus points to anyone who knows what awesome movie that's from.

Charlie was kind enough to go to the grocery store while I was in class last night, and he picked me up this week's pint of Ben & Jerry's. He decided to go with S'Mores. I've been unable to find a picture of the pint, but while perusing the Vermontians website I found out why.

Here's our fond toast to a notoriously silly refrain that people love repeating, even though some have no idea what it really means. And because even we couldn't help ourselves, we tweaked and re-tweaked this flavor's classic mix of ingredients to make it more irresistibly campy. That way, when you realize you can't get over how fabulous it tastes, you'll understand why you can't shut up about it either. Enjoy, enjoy! Flavor formerly known as "Marsha Marsha Marshmallow."



I don't know why they decided to change things around, I liked it just fine the way it was before. Even odder still, there once was a S'Mores flavor that got a place in the Flavor Graveyard. I guess Marsha Marsha was too old-school for the new generation. Anyway, it's still a tasty treat, but I would prefer actual chunks of graham crackers as opposed to the "graham cracker swirl" that just seems to get lost in the mix. The marshmallow definitely works with the large chunks of chocolate, it's a very satisfying textural experience. Unfortunately, because Charlie bought it for me I have to share. Boo for sharing!

2 comments:

  1. OMG.... We just did that whole freaking scene around the fire pit last night...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails