Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Minion Visits the Ballpark

If I told you that Andy Pettite struck out three batters in the top of the first and Jeter followed in the second with a 2 run homer you'd probably think that the Yankees played a good game and didn't disappoint me in my last trip to Yankee Stadium. If I said that Giambi and Abreu also hit solo home runs and Pettite struck out a total of 7 batters you'd probably think even more that it must have been a great game to watch. Unfortunately for me and the Minion, you'd be pretty wrong. The Yankees have never lost a game when I've been in the Stadium, and unfortunately they decided that this would be the time to have the wheels fall off. I'm still glad we got to go and had a great time with Auntie Ann. It could have been a good game, close and exciting, but then Girardi decided to put Nuke Farnsworth in for the 7th and he immediately gave up two homers for a total of three earned runs, putting the game all but out of reach. In the interest of maintaining a PG rating I won't tell you how I really feel about him.

Anyway, I'm glad that Baby Charlie got to visit Yankee Stadium, even if he'll never remember it. I even fed him a hot dog.



I hate the look on my face here, but this is how I try to fake smile when the Yankees are down by four runs after Farnsworth implodes. Should have taken the pictures before the game went downhill.

Just because no post about a Yankee game would be complete without a picture of Jeter



In case you're wondering about the progress of the new stadium - it will be beautiful, even though I hate it.

2 comments:

  1. you hotdog picture scares me
    Aside fm them sucking, I hope you and the minion had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to your park one last time. I'll never forget my last game at Tiger Stadium . . . (tear)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails