Monday, September 13, 2010

Link of the Week

It was brought to my attention that I appear to have way too much time on my hands because I constantly post links to sites that I think are fun and interesting on my local parenting board. Sadly, that's not really the case. In reality, I have a loooooooong list of websites I love, but I rarely have time to visit all of them. So I've decided to create a weekly post to share some of my favorite links. Some of them might be new to you and others are old classics.

This week's link is Hyperbole and a Half.



I randomly discovered Allie's blog sometime in 2009, shortly after she opened her blogger site. This blog is not for the faint of heart. She's rude, hilarious and sarcastic, everything I look for in the people I surround myself with. Part of me thinks that I should be concerned that I often find myself completely able to relate to her posts, but then the other part of me tells that part of me to STFU, because she's totally awesome and a fantastic role model.

I don't know that I could pick a favorite post of all time, but I did enjoy her grammar lesson and the alot, her explanation for why it's normal to be afraid of spiders, her failure at being an adult, and her guide to awkward social situations. Then, of course, there's the horror movie post. Even C agreed that I could have written it myself. Hell, I still get all creeped out if I'm sleeping in my room and I start to think about the TV downstairs. I start picturing that creepy Ring girl crawling out of it and then I have to turn on the lights.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Hyperbole & a Half! Not sure how I came across it (maybe via your suggestion?), but I love it! Great recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Hyperbole & a Half! Not sure how I came across it (maybe via your suggestion?), but I love it! Great recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails