Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments is brought to you by Mrs4444!

Mommy's Idea


First things first! The Woodchuck Pumpkin Cider has arrived! In the smallest quantity imaginable! My friend (and fellow cider connoisseur) Alison and I have been stalking the local liquor stores and the Woodchuck homepage and Facebook page waiting for news of the release. It's finally here! Unfortunately, it was released to a whole SIX locations, and each location got a single case. Thanks to Alison's quickness with the Facebook posts we were each lucky enough to snag our own six-pack.


Yum! It was definitely a unique drink experience. It wasn't nearly as sweet as I was expecting it to be, but it was still tasty. The pumpkin flavor wasn't very strong. If I had to compare it to something, I don't think I could. I found it a little heavier than the everyday Woodchucks that I'm used to drinking. But all in all, it was good.


It's officially fall, but the high today is 91. WTF, Cincinnati? I want my cool weather.



I'm playing in a softball game tonight. I'm skeered. It's been a good 9 years since I've pitched or thrown in a real game. Even though it's just for fun and no one is taking it too seriously, I don't want to make an ass out of myself. I made C practice with me last night but all we had was a tennis ball. Not really the same. I played softball for years, up until I moved to Ohio. During my entire tenure as a pitcher/outfielder I never once got a hit. How sad is that?

I'll have to try to channel Sabathia and hope I don't end up with Burnett.


Speaking of Sabathia, oh, eff that. I'm not even going to go there after last night's disastrous loss to the devil rays.


Charlie has FINALLY remembered how to sleep. It's amazing what a full night's sleep can do for the psyche. I thought I was going to lose my mind for a while there.


I downloaded the form to be reinstated to my grad school program. The only things standing in the way of me and my PhD are the qualifying exam and a dissertation. I'm much more worried about the qualifying exam and the theory, which is why I haven't finished it yet. I need to just suck it up and get it done. The dissertation will write itself, and I'm super excited about what I want to do.


I'm starting a new project at work that's my own idea and my own design and I get to build it from the ground up. I'm going to design a database and mapping tool for women's and children's health- and economic-related data. I'm really excited about it and I can't wait to share it with everyone.

Have I mentioned lately how awesome my job is and how much I love it? I thank my lucky stars every morning when I drive past my old office building.


Remember my post about needing creative input? Well, I figured something out on my own for once. This is our finished quilt:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We won second place, which means we all get to pick a day to come in late or leave early. Hooray for extra PTO! I did the squares in the second column.


Office QOTW:

Last night's season premiere was better than I had expected, given the disappointment of last season. There were a lot of funny moments. Unfortunately, most of it was visual hilarity, which doesn't translate well into a QOTW. One of the best spoken moments came at the very beginning, when we learn that Gabe is now dating Erin. Andy explains that he isn't mad because he's gone through anger management, and then walks us through one of his visualizations.


Oh look, a humpback whale. How pretty. And it's eating Gabe.

11 comments:

  1. Your Frags rock!
    Good luck in the softball game. You'll be awesome.
    I'm impressed by the whold grad school thing........you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Charlie is sleeping again.

    Hope you throw a no-hitter tonight. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad little C is finally sleeping at night again!

    I want a job that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from another Yankees fan! I say they'll repeat as champs this year...what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt turned out great!!

    I'm still not sure how I feel about pumpkin Woodchuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If a woodchuck chucks pumpkin how many pumpkins does woodchuck chuck?
    What's your PhD in?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it! I water skied this summer for the first time in 14 years! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really hoping that the Office regains it's old funniness this year. I did enjoy how Erin pointed out Gabe's tallness as a good point in the relationship. It almost made me forget that I find Gabe annoying and secretly hope Kathy Bates will feed him to her dogs (not on camera, we could just have Dwight recount it for us)

    Awesome about the grad school.

    The quilt is very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Fragment separators, first off!

    This was a great post! I love your quilt and the quote!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, visiting late from Friday Fragments- a bit late but here.

    We were in the 90's here in NY on Friday as well.

    Have no fear, the snow will be here before you know it!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Fragment separators, first off!

    This was a great post! I love your quilt and the quote!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails