Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments is brought to you by Mrs4444!

Mommy's Idea

I'm going to make an effort to stop complaining so much about Cincinnati. It's not like there's a lot that can be done to change our location anytime soon, anyway. Besides, we have great friends here and Charlie's future girlfriend lives 15 minutes away! There are many people in my life that I would miss greatly if we were to leave.


Charlie hasn't been sleeping well for the last few weeks. I don't know what his deal is. He wakes up multiple times a night, either because he needs a tissue, or needs a cup, or is done with the tissue and wants it out of his bed (although why he doesn't just reach out and drop it is beyond me), or because he needs to be re-covered with his blanket because he can't find his way back under it, or because he's bored. I'm sure the problem is magnified because I've been out of town and not very well-rested, but the last few nights have been absofreakinglutely horrible.


Potty training didn't go so well while I was gone. We're back at it again, though, and I have great expectations since we were seeing improvement up to that point. Every time he successfully uses the potty I want to shout it from the rooftops, but I'm able to hold myself back from posting about it on Facebook because I don't want to be one of those parents.


I don't like being hot. It was over 100 degrees in DC and it's pretty close to that here, too. Remind me of this when I'm bitching and complaining about being too cold and hating the ice and snow a few months from now.


Someone at work made Nutella cookies yesterday and they were amazing! I think I might have to make a batch for a party we're going to on Sunday. I really haven't had the chance to bake much of anything lately, and my poor mixer is looking neglected.


I'm obsessed with Chocolate Raspberry Luna bars. They are the best ever.


I'm lunching with two of my old co-workers today and I'm really excited to see them again! I'm also excited to have chicken tortilla soup and a chocolate chip cookie from Apple Spice. Yum!


I haven't had my coffee yet. Need to get on that right away.



I rode the third-longest continuous span escalator while I was in DC, and it was scary. I rode it coming out of the Rosslyn Metro station with my luggage and my laptop and my purse, and I held onto the railing for dear freaking life. I couldn't bring myself to look up or down. I'm not even afraid of heights!

5 comments:

  1. Nutella is one of the greatest things every invented. :)

    I feel you on the heat -- it is just too horrible this year. I wish fall would arrive already!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel your pain on the sleep, we have been dealing with a bad sleeper again for about 3 weeks. Surprise, the last 3 days he has slept though. I am positive it is new teeth.

    Oh come on, can't you just post to FB that Charlie took a crap on the potty?????? please????? I hate that status too and oddly enough I've seen it show up in status updates this past week by two different FB friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was 106 here today. I think that I'm officially over summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it has been extremely hot and it makes me wonder if this is something new or am i just at the age where i feel i need to be obsessed with the weather??

    i love nutella cookies and nutella on graham crackers or as frosting on cupcakes.

    please stop by and enter our giveaways. www.littlecitizensoftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe it or not, I just watched an episode of I Survived that included an elevator like that and a pile of bodies. Serious. Now you can say you survived!

    Good luck with the potty training AND getting some sleep tonight :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails