Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 2

30 Days of Thanks: Day 2

I'm thankful that my friends and family in the NY/NJ area came out of Hurricane Sandy relatively unscathed. With only one exception, they all still have houses standing. My great aunt and uncle, two of the neatest people I know, have a house on the coast and were completely flooded. But they're safe with relatives, which is all that matters. So many people lost more than just property, and I'm thankful that all of my favorite people are unharmed.

This is Point Pleasant Boardwalk, where I spent lots of summer weekends as a kid.



Seaside Heights - the roller coaster in the ocean was the Jet Star, my first roller coaster ever.


So much devastation. Keeping them all in my thoughts as they begin to rebuild.

2 comments:

  1. This destruction has more of an emotional impact for you than me.  I've only briefly visited NJ and NY on business.  Good to hear all your family is safe and I sure hope your great aunt and uncle get their lives back to some type of normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sad to see those pictures.  We are frequent visitors to the new jersey shore.  I can't imagine the horror the people are enduring who were affected by hurricane Sandy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails