Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Day 1

I really need to get back into the habit of blogging. I have so much going on in my head, and plenty of things to say, but not enough time to do it. And I find that when I sit down and put fingers to keyboard, I just draw a blank. So here goes. Maybe if I can stick with 30 days of small posts it will be enough to kick my ass back into blogging shape. I have a lot of catching up to do, I hear I missed some really good posts from my Few Clowns Short friend.

I think I tried this last year, and it worked for a while, so here goes.

30 Days of Thanks: Day 1

I'm thankful for my job. Not only am I thankful to HAVE a job, but it's a job that I love. I always get to try new things, take on new tasks, and learn new skills. I work with awesome people, I have a great team, and we have a lot of fun while we're hard at work. I'm thankful that I don't dread going to work on Monday mornings. I remember how horrible it was at my last job, where a pit of anxiety would start setting in on Sunday afternoons. I didn't want to go - I hated the work, I hated leaving my kid, and I hated everything that it stood for. I don't miss that. Doing something that I find fulfilling makes me happy and proud to be a working mom.

I'm also thankful that I work for a very family-friendly place that allows me the flexibility to go and help with the trick-or-treat parade at Charlie's school. Parading around with 35 3-to-5-year olds was a lot like herding cats, but I'm so glad I was able to go. Not everyone is as lucky.

2 comments:

  1. A bit of a busy week here and I missed this post.  Thanks for the shout out.  Having a job that you enjoy does make a big difference.  Not only the type of work but the treatment of the employees is key.  Respect is the word that comes to my mind first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shout out deserved a shout out so there is one back at you now over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails