Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments is brought to you by Mrs4444!

Mommy's Idea

No matter how badly they want to try them, do not let your toddler taste the hot wings at Quaker Steak. Even if they're crying and whining and trying to grab them off your plate. Don't even let them lick the fork that has a tiny particle of sauce left on it. Trust me. Just don't.

I hate ironing. Seriously. I hate everything about it. I hate our iron, because the knob fell off a million years ago, and I hate our ironing board, because it's a million years old and creaks and sticks and the cover has broken elastic so it doesn't stay on and it's just a POS. I hate ironing pants, because they never come out right. The pockets on the front make the back look all liney, and when I iron the back the pockets on the back make the front look all liney. It's a vicious cycle. Then I hate putting the pants on hangers, because they never line up neatly. Are there any truly wrinkle-free pants out there?

I love when I get a surprise Yankee game on tv. Last night C was out of town and I was flipping through the program guide when I discovered that the Yankee game was being televised. Totally made my night, especially when Jeter hit an inside-the-park home run.

What else did I do last night? Drank a margarita, sampled a new Ben & Jerry's flavor, and read some of my high school diaries. A while back I cracked the cover on my ramblings from elementary school. Those were funny, but I knew that I would need some liquid courage before I could dive into the mind of high school Bean. Especially 14-year-old high school Bean. I chronicled an entire year of my life, writing almost daily. Ooooh, the things I did. I'd love to share the details, but that's a whole post of it's own. Maybe.

We're starting over on round 2 of P90X. The last two weeks were a total bust. Better to start over fresh than try to catch up.

It's hot out and I miss playing outside. I wish I was still back in Jersey, I could have used a few days on the shore.



Next time I go somewhere, remind me to schedule a vacation from my vacation. For real. I'm so glad it's Friday.

I'm doing my Trash the Dress photo shoot tomorrow! I'm super freaking excited about it. What else is the dress doing but sitting unwashed in my closet collecting dust and taking up space? In case you were worried, our marriage is just fine and dandy, thank you. Contrary to some people's beliefs, taking fun pictures in a garment that will never again see the light of day does not mean that I don't love my husband or want out of my marriage.

Potty training starts tonight! Bought C his first pack of superhero undies. Wish us luck!

Office Quote of the Week

Went with Darryl this week, after watching the Safety Training rerun the other night. Almost went with a classic Dwightism, but Darryl deserves some time in the spotlight.



You live a sweet, little, nerfy life. Sitting on your biscuit, never having to risk it.

7 comments:

  1. I hate ironing too. Someone purchased a fancy model as a wedding gift and all I could think of was "Great, they are all trying to domesticate me!" Haha!

    Margaritas and Ice cream...sounds like a date I need to have with myself very soon!

    I love "trash the dress" pictures. I didn't know about this when I got married. I still have the dress somewhere. I'm thinner now than I was when we married...wonder if I could trash my dress years later? How fun!

    This is the 2nd time I've seen P90X. I'm gonna have to Google it...now I am curious!

    Thanks for visiting U8MyCrayons. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ironing...HATE it! And, I grew up with a mom that irons everything.

    Hoping tomorrow's shoot goes great. Sound like fun!

    My hubby is a P90X addict!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see some of your trash-the-dress pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate ironing and you are so right the whole pants pockets things drives me nuts. A woman after my own heart, my treats are a glass of wine and some Ben & Jerry's and I love the new flavors at Target but my favorite is still Coffee Heath Bar Crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A margarita & ice cream night sounds heavenly!
    Good luck with the C2 and the new
    underwear! :)
    And I can't WAIT to see your TTD pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate ironing too. Someone purchased a fancy model as a wedding gift and all I could think of was "Great, they are all trying to domesticate me!" Haha!

    Margaritas and Ice cream...sounds like a date I need to have with myself very soon!

    I love "trash the dress" pictures. I didn't know about this when I got married. I still have the dress somewhere. I'm thinner now than I was when we married...wonder if I could trash my dress years later? How fun!

    This is the 2nd time I've seen P90X. I'm gonna have to Google it...now I am curious!

    Thanks for visiting U8MyCrayons. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate ironing and you are so right the whole pants pockets things drives me nuts. A woman after my own heart, my treats are a glass of wine and some Ben & Jerry's and I love the new flavors at Target but my favorite is still Coffee Heath Bar Crunch.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails