Thursday, July 8, 2010

Already Overwhelmed

Anxiety sucks. We haven't even met with a realtor yet and I'm already on edge about the whole process. Selling, searching, buying, contracts, mortgages, storage issues, what if we can't find a place we like, where are we going to end up, what are we really hoping to accomplish, can we/should we really do this, all that fun stuff swirling around in there. It's all I can think about.

This is where I get to the point where I decide that it would be easier to just stay where we are. That's what I almost did with my new job. Almost decided that it was too much of a hassle, too much of a risk, too much uncertainty to take the leap. Thanks to two very good friends, I went for it, and I'm so glad I did. So now I know that when I get to this point in a process when anxiety starts to take over, I just have to keep pushing through. Just have to keep in mind that rocking the boat isn't always a bad thing, and there's so much potential for improvement that it would be stupid not to even try. That we've been dying to get out of our suburb since shortly after we got in.

I'm going to call someone today who specializes in downtown and the surrounding areas. I think that if I have someone to talk through our price range and wants/needs in a living space, someone who can tell me if what we're looking for actually exists, then I'll feel a lot better about things.

Sometimes I really miss that few month span of Zoloft. Sigh.

One week until I'm back in Jersey! So excited to see my sister and the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails