Monday, September 29, 2008

random shit

The title of this post is in honor of my sister. When she moved back to Jersey she labeled a bunch of boxes "random shit" and then had a hell of a time trying to unpack. I wish I was packing up to move back to New Jersey. My feelings haven't changed since I made this post, if anything actually having the Minion here has made me want to leave this uber-conservative area even more. When we do finally move I'll make sure to label the boxes somewhat more constructively, like "kitchen shit" and "bathroom shit."

I haven't been very good at updating the blogs - I'm trying to squeeze in as much playtime with Baby Charlie as possible before I go back to work in 4 weeks so the interwebs don't hold much appeal during the day. So this is what's going on right now.

I heard a rumor that there's a Ben & Jerry's special edition Pumpkin Cheesecake out this month. I think I'm going to have to break the post-pregnancy diet and buy a pint. I'll let you know how it is.

Baby Charlie got some professional pictures done last week by the super fabulous Steph Carson. I posted a few on his blog. They're super cute! I've taken what seems like a million pictures of him but I definitely lack photographic talent, so it was good to have someone who knows what they're doing behind the lens :)

I'm down to two pairs of pre-pregnancy pants that don't fit. I'm not sure if they'll ever fit again, but the other ones do and I'm ok with that.

I started the mini pill this week and got a lovely piece of advice from the pharmacy tech, who felt the need to tell me that she got pregnant while she was on the very same pill. Kind of makes me want to consider another method....

I've started dropping pumping sessions to prepare for going back to work. I went to 6 sessions last week and this week I'm dropping another one to 5. I'm worried that my supply will start to drop, but I can always add sessions back in if I need to. It's definitely nice to have 5-6 hour stretches of not pumping - I don't feel as tied to my pump as I did before. I don't know what we're going to do about the freezer space issue. It's filling up fast, which makes me very happy.

It's going to be 80 degrees today and then the temperatures are supposed to take a dive. I'm so glad to finally have some fall weather! Dunkin's pumpkin muffins and pumpkin spiced lattes came back last week, but it's too warm for hot coffee so I haven't indulged yet. I can't wait to have one of those and a caramel apple cider. I also want to go apple picking and make pie. I love apple pie!

I want to post about baby tears and mom/baby exercise, so I'm leaving this note to myself so I don't forget. I've been very forgetful and clumsy lately. I dropped the butter dish four times yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails