Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New Baby Purchase

We broke down and bought a swing for Baby Charlie this weekend. It's not one of those huge hideous monstrosities, it's small and portable, but I still feel kind of bad when we put him in it to eat dinner without him screaming. I shouldn't feel bad about using it for a few moments of peace and quiet, but ever since I saw them referred to as "Neglect-O-Matics" I can't help but feel a twinge of guilt and bad-mom-ness when we pull it out. I'm sure that will soon pass, as it certainly came in handy at 4:00 this morning when he had his nightly doesn't-want-to-go-back-to-bed-fit and I needed to pump. He didn't even wake up when I carried him up to his crib.



I guess those three times he slept through the night were just teasers. He's been up every three hours to eat pretty much every night. It's manageable, especially since I'd have to hook myself up to the milk machine whether he's up or not. We have Durkheim study group tonight! Last week he got his learn on about Karl Marx, so now we're moving on to the next theorist. He'll probably have his PhD before me, at this rate.

To remind myself for tomorrow, here's a list of things I want to post about:
1. cloth diapers
2. my declining motivation for taking PhD prelims this fall
3. someone's comment about stay-at-home-moms
4. the presidential race
5. date night
6. our anniversary

There are more, but he just woke up.

3 comments:

  1. Swings are NOT Neglect-o-matics. Sometimes they are life savers... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swing is OK, I plan on buying one for the Jelly Bean. I can't wait to read your cloth diaper post! I'm really looking forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Do not feel guilty for using the swing throughout the day! Seriously.. you will lose your head if you dont get a few minutes of quiet!

    I can't wait to read all about the stuff on your mind. You blog is always quite interesting to me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails