Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Power of Six Hours

Charlie Beta's pediatrician suggested that we "power feed" before bedtime so that he would sleep longer than three hours. We tried it out Monday night and last night - fed him 2oz and 8PM and 2oz at 9PM instead of his bedtime 3oz bottle. It worked like a charm. He slept 6 hours both nights. I still had to get up to milk myself, but a four to five hour stretch of sleep is definitely a good thing. I think he might have slept more than 6 hours if I didn't have to get up anyway - I have a feeling that I woke him up, even though I was trying my hardest to be as quiet as possible. I now know exactly which step to skip over to avoid loud creaky sounds and what volume the TV can be at before you can hear it upstairs. Now if only he'd sleep later than 6:30.... His daytime naps have become few and far between, unless we're out and about, when he sleeps. I might start getting up at 5 instead of 6 so I can have an hour to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails