Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mixed Feelings

I've been getting progressively more uncomfortable as the days go by. It used to be that my back would start hurting in the afternoon, and the discomfort of sitting in my office chair would be limited to a few hours. These days it hurts when I get in the car to drive to work. I brought my ugly cat pillow (circa 1989) for extra support at work. The HR lady took pity on me and gave me her chair, since mine has been missing a wheel for the last 18 months. Still the same crappy chair, but I feel more balanced. We're getting new office chairs but they won't be here until I'm gone.

Anyway, back to the point. So I still have 5 weeks to go, at least 37 days assuming he comes on time, which is a huge assumption to begin with. Part of me wants time to go by really fast, so I can have some relief. I know that I won't be getting any more sleep than I am now (which is next to none), but at least I won't be carrying this extra weight out front. I'm hot, tired, and irritable. We're also very excited to meet the baby, see what he looks like, and get to know his personality. The other part of me doesn't want it to go so fast, because there are definitely things about pregnancy that I enjoy. I like not having to share Baby C with anyone else - right now it's just the three of us (four, if you count Einstein) that share these awesome moments, hanging out on the couch watching him move around in there. It's a happy place. Of course, it will be an even happier place with an Outside Baby, but I'll miss the private bonding time, the portability, the "specialness," the cute belly, and the ice cream. Oh well. Either way, it's not up to me. Too bad you can't predict and exact date and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails