Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jersey Baby Shower

Finally, a blog about my New Jersey shower, thrown for me by the lovely Poggioli women that I'm lucky to have as family. Both of my aunts, especially, are fantastic party planners, and this party was no exception.

We'll begin at the beginning with the invitation



The food is always the central part to any family gathering, and my only regret is that I wasn't able to eat more of it! Here we have, from left to right, baked ziti, pasta salad hiding begind the basket of rolls, gramma's cavatelli and broccoli that she always makes for me (my all-time favorite!), potato salad for uncle Ray, sausage and peppers, and a variety of tasty sandwiches, including eggplant and mozzerella, turkey, ham, mozzerella and roasted red peppers, and roast beef. There may have been other types in there, who knows? I decided on a mozzerella and red pepper sandwich and it was awesome. All of the food was great.



Here we have the cake, which was ordered from "The Boys," a bakery that we've used for as long as I can possibly remember. Chocolate cake with cannoli cream filling, surrounded by chocolate covered strawberries. Yum!



Against my better judgement I'm going to post some pictures of the actual festivities, even though I think I look like a cow and I can't believe how fat my face looks.

This is me with my grandmothers - Gramma Julie in the first picture and Gramma Karen in the second





Here I am showing off the cutest book ever, given to me by my awesome sister - New York Yankees 101. Aunt Jeanne is on the right.




Oh NO she didn't! This is the look on my face when I opened the red sux world series bib that my aunt Jeanne gave us. Hope it doesn't accidentally get mistaken for a diaper! (that's her on the right, and she redeemed herself by including Yankee stuff to match)



Cousin Caroline, Sister Katie, and Sister's Awesome Boyfriend Collin



Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture with my Auntie Ann or my mom. There were plenty of other family members and friends there as well, all of whom are somehow missing from my digital camera :(

In a nutshell, it was a gorgeous baby shower and I'm so thankful to have such a generous and caring family. Even though we drive each other crazy at times, I'm so glad they're mine. Everyone came to celebrate, even the teenage boy cousins who I know had a million other things they would have rather been doing and Aunt Carol from down the shore. We got some incredibly thoughtful gifts, including a baby book that my cousin Caroline picked out for us and an awesome book collection from Katie and Collin, featuring the Yankees 101 book, Corduroy, the Pippi Longstocking Treasury, Yoga for Elephants with Babar, the Red Balloon, Avocado Baby, and Where the Wild Things Are. We also got a ton of Yankees clothes, both strollers, the high chair, pack-n-play, and tons of other random baby clothing and "things" that we'll certainly get plenty of use out of. Gramma Karen even managed to find some turtle towels and baskets that I don't already have :)

I'll raid my sister's Picasa for more pictures at some point.

1 comment:

  1. I love the expression on your face and the way you are holding the red sux stuff. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails