Wednesday, June 4, 2008

History Made in Two Arenas

Don't worry, I won't let this turn into a baseball or a political blog, but I can't let these symbolic events pass by without adding my own comments. That shouldn't really surprise any of you by now :)

First of all, Joba started last night and it was a total disaster. That's all I'm going to say about that. Due to the overwhelming awfulness of what transpired against the blue jays last night I almost couldn't bring myself to listen to Mike & Mike this morning, but I tuned in for a few anyway and they must be reading my blog because they said exactly what I said yesterday, pretty much word for word. What am I doing in market research? I should be a sports analyst. Or a GM.

Second of all, I tuned in to John McCain's "kickoff" speech last night and watched as the 9:00 EST hour approached and Obama was declared the presumptive nominee for the democratic party. Whee! (yes, I'm an Obama supporter, but I still watch the speeches given by both sides. Just because my mind is made up doesn't give me a reason to be ignorant!) I think it really is a sign of just how far our country has come, whether he wins or loses in November. I'm not going to get all sociological on you, I'll spare you the academic gibberish! I'm also not going to turn this into a site for political debate, so don't bother trying. I've become very irritable and stubborn lately - trust me, you don't want to piss me off :)

Now I just need to get my hands on one of those "My Mama's for Obama" t-shirts....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails