Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First Baby-Related Purchase

I said from the beginning that I wasn’t going to buy baby clothes for a while, at least until we know what we’re having (26 days until we find out, for those of you keeping track along with me), but that was before I remembered these:



I bought them for my dear SIL Heather as a shower gift back in October and when we found ourselves pregnant a few weeks later this was the first “object” that popped into my head. I needed them. They also had a hooded bath towel, a bath robe, and some other miscellaneous matching accessories. I made myself wait an agonizing 7 more weeks, until after the NT scan showed us that we had very little to worry about. By the time I got to Target the whole line was on clearance. These little turtle slippers were all that was left. (of course, one turtle is better than no turtles at all!)

However, all was not lost! I was delighted to come across this fantastically awesome outfit while shopping at Kohls:



Green is a nice, gender-neutral color, right? I’m not going to buy anything else for a while though, I promise. C is already muttering things about “thinning the herd” and “too many turtles.” I’ll just have to toss some red sox stuff in the basement to make room :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the turtle slippers :) I can't tell you how excited I am for you and C! Plus, you look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you see this? I saw one at the Hallmark in Maumee a while back and immediately thought of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you see this? I saw one at the Hallmark in Maumee a while back and immediately thought of you. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails