Friday, February 1, 2008

And So it Begins


I've decided to start a blog so that I can keep track of my pregnant life and all the fun stuff that goes along with it. I was emailing a friend a list of the stupid things that made me cry and she suggested I start a blog about it, so here it is! Here is a picture of us back in August, long before this strange trip began:



This is what my stomach looked like before I got pregnant:



And here's how it all got started:

It was the Monday after Thanksgiving and my pants were a little snug. I didn't think that I had eaten enough food stuffs over the holiday to account for the crazy bloating I was experiencing, so I went to Kroger and bought some FRER tests on my lunch break. I was anxious to get home and see what was going on, but I was teaching a class at the time and that evening was our last meeting so the groups were all presenting their research projects to the rest of the class. It was the longest night of my life.

Once class was over I headed home, told Charlie I was going to take a test, and saw these two lines that changed our lives (and my mental stability) forever:



Not quite believing what I was seeing, I headed downstairs to inform Charlie of the results. "It's positive." I said. His response? "What's positive, your belly button?" The cynical engineer didn't see the two lines that were glaringly obvious to me, so we headed off to Kroger at 10:00 that night to buy a digital test.

After lamenting over the crazy amount they charge for piece of mind, the original test results were confirmed.




And so it began, as I experienced my first sleepless night of many, filled with anxiety and excitement over this new life that we were now responsible for. Sure, we had the cat, but when the cat starts bugging you at 3:00 in the morning it's totally acceptable to kick him off the bed. Baby? Not so much.

Of course, we wouldn't want to leave out our furry family member, the original furbaby, so here's Einstein:



4 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading about your experiences...good luck and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the original bean and of course, Charlie,
    You will be wonderful parents. I think this is a wonderful idea on how to track this life-changing event. I have not mailed the Boston bib yet because I'm trying to keep things fair and am on the lookout for a Yankee one as well. This way, when Charlie feeds the baby, he can use the Bosox bib and you can use the Yankee bib; unless you have twins!! Just think each baby can have a bib. Can't we all just get along? Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jene, Thanks so much for letting me in on your great adventure. It was a lot of fun to read. Can't wait to know the sex...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jene, Thanks so much for letting me in on your great adventure. It was a lot of fun to read. Can't wait to know the sex...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails