Monday, February 4, 2008

Catching Up

So here's the short(er) version of how the next 2 months played out in our world. Charlie and I talked the next day (November 27th, if you’re keeping track) and decided that we wouldn’t really tell anyone until after the 1st trimester when we were officially out of the “danger zone.” We figured it would be hard not to tell anyone but it would be a lot easier than having to “untell” people in the event of a disaster.

I went to work and didn’t tell anyone but figured that it would do no harm if I told two of my good internet buddies, especially since they didn’t live in town and there would be no danger of them leaking my secret to anyone else. After work I went to my night class and didn’t tell anyone, then decided on the drive home from campus that not telling “anyone” certainly didn’t mean not telling my sister, so I called her to share the news. She was excited, to say the least, and I was so glad that I had decided to let her know. It was nice to tell SOMEONE. I lasted another week before I HAD to tell someone else. Not telling “anyone” also didn’t mean not telling my BFF Erica back in Jersey, so I emailed her and swore her to secrecy before I dropped the bombshell. I think she had an idea what I was going to say:

"hey jene whats up hows everything so you wanted to tell me something?!! i might be able to guess...is there a lil bun in the oven..i hope ,i hope ,i hope..:)hit me back asap..luv ya Erica"

It was really great to tell her because she’s the same age as me and has three adorable little boys of her own, so I had someone to talk to about all the fun and not-so-fun things that go along with pregnancy. I was still feeling really good, but the thought/smell/taste/idea of eggs made me want to puke.

We went for an ultrasound to figure out how far along I really was and got this awesome picture of the little bean:




And this is what my stomach looked like at 6 weeks (definitely bloated):





Christmas came and went and we didn’t tell anyone, then on New Year’s we told our buddies Kate & Matt because it would certainly be obvious when I wasn’t drinking, especially around copious amounts of vodka, which I sincerely miss.

I had my 11 week appointment on January 7th and got to hear the heartbeat, then had an NT scan on the 10th and we got another nifty picture of the bean, which was actually starting to resemble a baby at that point:




And my stomach grew a little, I had gained 2 pounds by this point:




The next weekend we had to go bra shopping because they weren’t fitting (ahem!) neatly into the ones I had. I got measured and thought I was going to have a heart attack right then and there. I won’t go into detail about the actual size that I have become, but let’s say they went up at least 2 sizes and if they get any bigger it’s specialty stores only from here on out. We also started telling everyone at this point. The grandparents and aunts/uncles to be were understandably excited. I would be too!


13 weeks:





Which brings us to today. So now that you’re all caught up, it’s onwards and upwards from here.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jene' and Charlie!! I love this site!! Jene' you look so adorable in maternity clothes! (I don't think I've used the word adorable in many, many years!! The baby furniture you picked out is beautiful! Where did you find it?!Have you been to Bellini in Hyde Park?? Just curious!! Can't wait for the next update! Hope you're feeling less tired these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jene' and Charlie!! I love this site!! Jene' you look so adorable in maternity clothes! (I don't think I've used the word adorable in many, many years!! The baby furniture you picked out is beautiful! Where did you find it?!Have you been to Bellini in Hyde Park?? Just curious!! Can't wait for the next update! Hope you're feeling less tired these days!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails