Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Filler - Entry #1 to Stupid Things That Make Me Cry

I forgot, stupid things that make me cry was the original intent behind this blog. That said, here's my first (and long overdue) entry about things that make me cry.

We watched the Pillsbury Bake-Off on Food Network a few weeks ago. I know, you're thinking "What could be so sad about the Pillsbury effing bakeoff?!?!" Well, besides the fact that there was all kinds of yummy food being prepared for me to drool over (but not eat), one of the finalists that they were profiling really tugged on my heart.

There was this woman named Anna, and her recipe was for Baked Chicken and Spinach Stuffing. Even though the recipe itself was a little scary (the base of the stuffing was dunkable waffles and the syrup cup from said dunkable waffle package provided the sauce for the chicken) her story was fantastic. Pregnancy hormone-induced fantastic? Probably. So anyway. This lady is married and she has a 4-year-old daughter. In her interviews she talked about how much she loves to cook and wanted to bake things all day, maybe have her own coffeeshop at some point, but that if she won the $1 million prize she would squirrel most of it away into savings so that she could send her daughter to college and secure retirement for her and her husband. They also interviewed her daughter about why she wanted her mom to win, and the girl said that if her mom won she wanted to get a bounce house for the backyard. So the competition went on, more interviews were done with the other contestants, but I really wanted that little girl to have a college education AND a bounce house in her backyard. (really, who doesn't?)

It comes time to announce the winner and suprise suprise, the waffle chicken lady won the million bucks! She was so excited to win the grand prize. See?



Here's the million dollar meal:



So as the show is wrapping up and the credits begin to roll I'm on the couch sobbing because I'm just so so happy for her, and so excited that they won't have to worry about saving for college, and they have a good outlook on life and that she really, just really deserved to win. Then they show their little family in their backyard, complete with little daughter playing in her bounce house, just so effing excited that she has HER OWN bounce house in her own yard. Such a happy ending!

I guess you just had to be there.

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya sister...even though I didnt see that show...I do the same thing overshows that i have no reason to cry over...And the stupid thing is...Im not prego!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya sister...even though I didnt see that show...I do the same thing overshows that i have no reason to cry over...And the stupid thing is...Im not prego!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails