Thursday, January 21, 2010

Toddler Trick

Have you ever noticed that toddlers are incredibly good at resisting when it comes to being taken somewhere they don't want to go? I've dubbed Baby C's most successful maneuver the "Disappearing Armpit Act." How do they do it? It's like they're able to make their armpits completely disappear when you try to pick them up.

Last night when we were coming home from work and daycare I took him out of the carseat and put him down so that we could go and get the mail. I turned around to pick him back up to go inside and he busted out the Disappearing Armpit Act. He didn't want to go back inside, and I could barely get a good handle on him. He pulled the DAA and slid right through my arms. He didn't want to go inside. He wanted to stay out and play. In 35-degree weather. Whose child is that? I'm glad he wants to run around and be active, but not when it requires me to stand outside and freeze my tush off while I watch him. I gave in and let him play for about 10 minutes, then insisted that it was time to go inside where it was nice and warm.

I had to resort to carrying him lengthwise under one arm, but we made it back in. Such flexibility!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the lengthwise carry.....I'm well familiar with that. I don't know how kids come up with the things they do, really I don't. I like your moniker for the armpit thing though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails