Monday, January 4, 2010

Aaaaaand, we're back

I certainly had a difficult time dragging my ass out of the nice, warm bed this morning. I only hit the snooze button once. I would have gone back for a second round but I decided that the 9 minutes would be better spent picking up some coffee in the drive-thru at Dunkin.

I don't know why this has gotten so hard all of a sudden. I guess I should have seen it coming, seeing as how I start to tear up every time I talk to my very pregnant co-worker about what it's like to come back from maternity leave. I've been back at work for 14 months and it still makes me sad to remember how awful it felt to leave my tiny baby there. It's not like I don't love my daycare center, I just wish I had more time at home.

I think part of it has to do with how much he's grown up since he moved to the toddler room last month. He's just changing at such an amazing pace - picking up new skills, learning new words, always surprising me with his abilities. He picks up his toys, leads me around the house by my finger when he wants me to see something or get something for him, and is getting much better at shape sorting. I'm sure he's enjoying being in a room with big kids now, and he's learning by watching them. I guess that's the really good thing about daycare. I like that he's exposed to older kids and has lots of fun stuff to do and learn.

On the bright side, an email from daycare reminded me that they're closed for MLK and President's Day, so there's a good excuse to take another day off from work. Maybe we can make it to the waterpark, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails