Monday, January 11, 2010

Am I Projecting?

Every once in a while I "catch" Baby C doing something that sets off my OCD sensors. He's usually very particular about how he plays with his toys. The gears have to stay on the gear board, they can't go in the bug jar. Nothing can go in the bug jar except the bugs. On the gear board, each gear has it's own place. You can't switch them around once he's put them on. It's not the same setup every time, thankfully. If he passes an open door it has to be closed. Lids have to be closed. Cabinets have to be closed. He likes to line things up on the floor while he plays.

From what I've heard and read, these are all normal behaviors for toddlers to exhibit as they learn about how the world works. All the same, I always find myself wondering if he has OCD, too. While they haven't proven a genetic link for OCD, it's very strongly suspected that it's hereditary, so I guess it's only natural to wonder. Oh, well. I guess he'll either grow out of the toddler quirkiness, or start counting things like I did/do. A math genius in the making.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you're projecting, but it's all part of being mom. FWIW, Logan does all those things, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows - maybe you are, but I don't think it's such a bad thing to project! It just sounds like baby C is going to be organized and keep all of his things neat and orderly. Not a bad thing if you ask me! - LOL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails