Friday, December 9, 2011

On the Ninth Day of Christmas...

Happy Ninth Day of BlogFestivus!



So the Ninth Day brings us Nine Ladies Dancing. Dancing is most definitely not part of my skillset. To make up for dropping the ball yesterday, I've got a real treat for you guys today. If you enjoy watching people make asses out of themselves on the interwebs, then you're going to love this.

First, a little backstory. When I was in 3rd grade, I was invited to my first dance party for my friend Denesha's birthday. It was the days of Pump Up the Jam, and boy, were we jamming. I thought we were all laughing and dancing and having a good time, until I realized that most of the other kids were laughing AT me, not with me. They were all mimicking my Bunny Hop move. You know the one, where you don't really know what to do with your arms and legs, so you just kind of bounce around in one spot? I never lived that down. Three years later, at the Big Sixth Grade Dance, Denesha's cousin Gary sought me out to show me that he still remembered the Bunny Hop. 22 years later, nothing has changed.

Nothing, that is, except the introduction of the Xbox Kinect and Dance Central. Oh, how I love Dance Central. It almost makes me feel like I have rhythm. So today, you get me singing AND dancing. Or doing something that kind of looks like dancing. Sort of. Ok, really you get to watch me flail around trying to follow what the lady on the screen is doing. I do a very bad job. I'm blaming it on the cat trying to eat my feet.




Each time I try to shake my butt
People just think that I’m a nut
I’m just super unfly
Rhythm gene passed me by
Do I step left? Do I step right?
What’s go in on with my arms?
Don’t get to close to me, or you might come to some harm
Keep it cool, what’s the name of this song?
I can’t remember but it’s alright, alright

I can’t dance. And it’s ok.
Da doo doo doo
I can’t dance. Not a chance, babe
Da doo doo doo
I can’t dance. And it’s ok.
Duh-duh-duh
Dance. Dance. Dance. I can’t dance



This is what it's SUPPOSED to look like.



Don't forget to check out the rest of the Festivusers!

Fix it or Deal Shouts from the Abyss Stevil All My Answers Tori Nelson A Few Clowns Short Grouchy Mom Rewind Revise My life: a constant work in progress Becoming Bitter PamBamBam Clan of the Cave Hair Words that Rhyme with Purple

5 comments:

  1. You're like our very own BlogFestivus Fly Girl. You rock it...or maybe roll it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky I didn't roll an ankle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice moves! And a great song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a brave blogger.  Dancing really should just be fun with no judgmental stuff, but that's just theoretical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part is that cat-accompaniment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails