Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter!

I was going to return to my Friday Fragments roots to cheer up my friend Katie whose 2 year old had to get stitches yesterday, but today is Harry Potter Day! Next week, Katie, I promise.



Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, was released at midnight. I'm old and boring, so I didn't go to the opening show, but we have an afternoon date planned and we'll be seeing it at 1:00! Only a few more hours to go! I'm a little sad about it, because I so loved the book series and now it's all going to come to an end.



Even sadder, because BFF is out of town this weekend, so no fun group date this time :(

I must have a lot of geeky friends, because everyone I know is getting all fired up about it. Jen over at Beantown Baker made these awesome-looking cupcakes.



She also posted a recipe for Butterbeer that sounds absolutely amazing. If we weren't in the midst of a heat wave I'd try it right now, but the idea of drinking something hot (even if it does have alcohol) is just totally unappealing. I think it's going to be a staple in our house this fall, though! Lucky Jen also went to the midnight premiere. I'm a jealous girl!

My super crafty friend Kristin also went to the midnight show, complete with her own wand.



According to Facebook, it's Elder with a core of dragon heartstring. You can learn how to make your own Harry Potter wand here! I wish I didn't have to spend my morning working.

Instead, I wish I could spend it looking at cool Harry Potter stuff, like these Golden Snitch earrings.



And reading funny Harry Potter parodies, like this.



If you're a Potter fan, are you going to see Harry Potter today? Are you coming to my blog still half asleep because you stayed up all night going to the premiere? CAN'T WAIT!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love! Can't wait to hear what you think about it. I'm considering going to see it again today while Hubby is at work (I took the day off). I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I can wait patiently for one more week for some Fragments.  :)

    I get your Harry Potter love, so I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Harry Porter love does not surprise me.  I never got into it but our youngest now adult daughter did.  I think she is going tonight.
    From what I know of the series I glad this is doing better than say Jackass or similar type movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went at noon- too old for the 12am showing. It was showing on 13 screens at our theater and when they all sold out, they added 2 3am showings. That is insane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to go next week...I am waiting for the initial crowding of the theater to taper and I am going to head out to see it after work.  OMG CANNOT WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It. Was. AMAZING. I can't wait to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have gone at midnight. I just can't keep my eyes open that late anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes it is, and we should probably be thankful for that. I do like that it's gotten kids to read again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to see it again, in 3D this time! I never pay to see a movie twice, so that's a BFD :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You didn't get to see it in 3D? Ours was, but thinking back, I don't remember being blown away by the 3D like I was for Avatar. I'm going to see it this week with a friend who was out of town last weekend and then again the last weekend in July when I'm in the midwest with my family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails