Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments is brought to you by Mrs4444!

Mommy's Idea


Holy cow, it's been 3 weeks since my last FF post! I decided to unplug as much as possible while I took my christmas vacation. It was good!


The time that I didn't spend hanging out with Charlie was spent dancing with my sister. I got the Dance Central game for Kinect and I'm completely addicted. We stayed up way too late pretty much every night dancing to some of the most awful songs ever, that are now pretty much permanently stuck in my head. P-p-p-poker face my p-poker face.

This is me showing off one of my favorite moves - the "Tell 'Em Arms."


If you got Kinect for christmas, you NEED this game.


Football playoffs start tomorrow! Let's go JETS!!



I started my group marathon training this week with a run on Wednesday. I'm still not sure if it's a good idea or a bad idea, but it's going to be fun to try. Our first long run of the training group is tomorrow - a nice 7 miler at 7:30 in the morning, when the temp is supposed to be right around a whopping 15 degrees. At least 200 of my new friends will be suffering along with me :)


Starbucks is changing their logo to remove the words "Starbucks Coffee." The market research background in me thinks this is a bad idea, but whatevs. I'm more of a Dunkin chick anyway, so let them run themselves into the ground.

While I was reading about the change, I came across this article that details the origins and transformations of the Starbucks logo. An interesting read, for sure. I never knew that it wasn't a mermaid.


If you were a child of the '90s, bookmark Things 90s Kids Realize for a sweet trip down memory lane. Remember SNICK and Are You Afraid of the Dark? I LOVED that show. Except the episode with the creepy clown.


Why do clowns have to be so scary, anyway? Of course, they also pay homage to Ren and Stimpy and Carmen Sandiego, two of my all-time favorites.


Speaking of decades gone by, I also happened to come across an article showing us 20 Things that Became Obsolete This Decade. Some of them I'm happy to see go, like dial-up internet and phone books. Other topics made me kind of sad. Either way, it's kind of crazy to think that my child will most likely never have a corded phone in his room. Or in his house, for that matter. Nor will he ever know the joys of repeatedly trying to connect with a dial-up modem only to get busy signal after busy signal and then, finally, the ear-splitting screeching sound of success.


Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go read about Clarissa Explains it All, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Fruit Stripe Gum. Misty water color memories, of the way we were....

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. nice fragments - I don't understand why you or anyone would get so passionate about a company such as Starbucks vs. Dunkin. I'll go to either one and yes they taste different and offer different items. If I want a place to meet someone and sit and relax a little = Starbucks. If I want some food with my coffee = Dunkin
    Thanks for helping me understand why so many find Clowns creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jets? I'm a Falcons fan. :)

    Dunkin is definitely the better way to go. I'd rather have a good cup of regular coffee than need to get a latte because the coffee is too bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a little lost in the starbucks logo links - thanks for that! My Mom and I owned a coffeehouse for several years, it was called The Dancing Goat. Funny thing is that I don't drink coffee LOL

    Good luck with the marathon training.

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so freaked out by clowns..yikes!!!
    I am a tea drinker but I agree Starbucks is going to run themselves right into the ground. They need to just ride out the storm and do nothing drastic...so many businesses will be lost because they overthink!
    It looks like you had a great holiday and I cannot imagine running in 15 degrees...I really wish I could.
    I actually like the Jets (a little) but I am a Philly girl so go EAGLES!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails