Monday, May 3, 2010

P90X - Week 9 Completed


24 days to go!

I did another half pull-up yesterday. That was my big accomplishment. We rearranged our schedule last week and bumped our off day to Saturday. We have a few weekends this month packed with activities so it will be much easier to get things done if we don't have P90X looming over our heads. That and I'll be able to enjoy naptime again, rather than spending the 90 minutes working out and showering.

I've discovered that I very much prefer to exercise at night. Actually, I take that back. My first choice would be early morning, but I already get up at 5:30 and I'm not getting up any earlier to spend quality time with Tony Horton. Second to that is exercising at night. By the time 7:30 or 8:00 rolls around, I feel like I've gotten my second wind of the day. I think that I sleep better afterward, too, but that might be all in my head.

I've mentioned before that once we're done with this first round of P90X I'm going to bring running back into my repertoire. I always work better when I have a goal in mind, so my goal for next year is to run the Flying Pig Marathon in May 2011. I'd love to run all 26.2 miles, but I'm going to start training with the Half in mind and see where I get. C is worried that I'm going to hurt my knee again. I think that as long as I'm smart about my training and I take direction from people who actually know what they're doing then I should be fine. Good thing Tony doesn't do marathons. I don't know if I could stand that kind of torture.

2 comments:

  1. By that time of night, I just want to go to sleep.

    Dh wants us to start training to run a 5k, then a 10k, then a half marathon. How exactly we can do that, I'm not sure. Since it's not like we can leave the kids in the house while we go run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To consider - train for the Full Marathon and pull back to the Half if you need to. It's easier to scale back training than ramp it up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails