Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments is brought to you by Mrs4444! You can visit her blog here.

Mommy's Idea

Today is my last day at my current job. It's funny how some of your co-workers can end up being such some of your closest friends. I'm sad to be leaving such great people, but incredibly excited about what lies ahead.

I'm wearing my geek shirt proudly :)

P90X is over today! I can't believe we made it through the whole thing. Round 2 starts next week!

I went bathing suit shopping for our trip to Alabama because I needed a new basic black boyshort bottom to wear with my black top. My old one hasn't fit since pregnancy. It was a size small. What did I end up buying? A large. I know I shouldn't get hung up on the size, but I did just complete P90X and I think I'm in decent shape, maybe the best shape ever, so that gets a big WTF from me. Damn pregnancy hips.

Apparently I started some drama about my desire to do a "trash the dress" session. I'm not going into details because you never know who's reading, but just to be clear, "trashing the dress" does not mean that your marriage is a sham, or that you have marital conflict, or that you're not happy in your marriage. It's just a fun thing to do with the wine-stained gown that's been hanging in my closet for almost 5 years.

I'm not looking forward to the 9-hour roadtrip we're taking today. I'm looking forward to visiting family at the end of it, but not the actual ride down there.

Traveling with a toddler requires a lot of stuff. Charlie has his own bag. Half of it is filled with cloth diapers.

I get irrationally pissed off when I see the stories about the oil spill and the effect that it's having on marine life and the environment. I'm already regularly disgusted by the (lack of) respect that people show the earth, and this isn't helping. It makes my blood freaking boil. What is it going to take for people to get a clue?

3 comments:

  1. I agree about the oil spill. I just wish they would stop bickering and fix it. For crying out loud...

    I remember toddler packing. Those diapers! They take up SO much room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree about the oil spill. I've actually avoided reading some of the news reports, because all it does is tick me off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oil spill (and spill and spill and spill) is maddening. I all for off-shore drilling, but not irresponsible drilling. The cost to our WORLD is far too great. I think BP should be put out of business for this.

    Bravo to you for sticking with cloth diapers; we only lasted about a month. Of course, they were pretty old-fashioned 18 years ago.... :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails