Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Things You Want Wednesday - Lilypadz Edition

Lilypadz Edition

This post is for the BFing mamas and mamas-to-be. I posted about these a long time ago when I first discovered them. Once you can get past the "cre8ive" spelling, you'll love them. They were total sanity-savers!



I didn't discover them until almost two months into EPing, and when I did I wished that I had bought them sooner! Those of you who have already been there understand the obnoxiousness that are breast pads. I decided not to go with disposable pads because it felt too wasteful, and I had heard that the plastic lining on the back makes them less breathable. I found a few pair of relatively comfortable cotton ones, but they were bulky and hard to hide under my clothes. I had seen advertisements for Lilypadz in the baby magazines but I always wrote them off as a non-necessity marketed towards mothers who buy useless crap like diaper genies and wipe warmers.

I regretted my initial reservations the moment I put them on. My boobs had never felt better. Since I was EPing rather than BFing the level of irritation was through the roof. After a few days with the LilyPadz they healed right up. The Lilypadz are much more comfortable than the cloth bra pads and you can wear them under anything since they're seamless. Hell, you could even go braless if you were so inclined (shudders at the thought). Even after I was done EPing I still wore them under swimsuits to hide the will-never-be-quite-the-same parts. I'll use them again this summer, too.

If you're currently BFing or plan to, definitely put these on your list of possible-possibilities. You will almost feel like a normal woman again.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe I should invest. I need something to hide my "national geographic" nipples as matthew likes to call them. I don't think they will ever be the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, it's been a while since I had babies. What is "EPing"??

    ReplyDelete
  3. EPing = "Exclusively Pumping." We had latch issues so I pumped and bottle-fed for a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, it's been a while since I had babies. What is "EPing"??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails