Thursday, March 27, 2008

WhoCakes

This is a little late getting here, considering I enjoyed this meal on Sunday morning, but whatever.

Horton Hears a Who made it's cinema debut a few weeks ago. Having enjoyed this Dr. Suess classic as a child, I'd really like to see it but will probably have to wait until it's out on video since I don't have an actual child outside of the womb to drag along with me.

Deep desire to see the movie aside, I happened to see an advertisement for a promotion that IHOP is running in conjunction with the movie. They're offering Green Eggs and Ham and WhoCakes. For whatever reason I got the idea of WhoCakes stuck in my head over a month ago and I've been begging Charlie to take me to IHOP for breakfast. Charlie hates IHOP (and most other breakfast places like Perkins and Bob Evans, but none nearly so much as the dreaded Cracker Barrel) so it took a bit of work and convincing, but he finally agreed that we could go out for breakfast last Sunday, being that it was Easter and we heathens had nothing better to do. We also made sure our trip coincided with the general start time for Easter church, so we didn't have to deal with the brunch crowds. Didn't even have to wait for a table!

Anyway, I finally got my WhoCakes and they were fanfreakingtastic. I'm sad that I didn't think to bring my camera along, you wouldn't believe how pretty they were. Here's the stock photo, and for once the meal on my plate actually very closely resembled the advertisement.



The syrups are boysenberry and blueberry and the colored specks are rainbow chocolate chips. They were freaking awesome. I chose not to eat the lollipop, but it made a nice finishing touch. Baby Charlie enjoyed them too, or probably just the sugar content, even though his dad thought they looked like a train wreck on a plate and wouldn't even taste a corner. Apparently he hasn't learned anything from Dr. Suess and Sam I Am. I did see someone being served the Green Eggs and Ham dish. Did NOT look appetizing.

5 comments:

  1. holy shit, now i want those pancakes. dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like running down to IHOP right now to get myself some whocakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy! I said I wanted to go order them just because I wanted to see them. Glad they were scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those whocakes look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yummy! I said I wanted to go order them just because I wanted to see them. Glad they were scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails