Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Opening Day!

I look forward to this day throughout the long dreary Ohio winter every year. Even though the calendar tells us that spring started 11 days ago, this is truly the beginning of the season. Today is when baseball fans of all teams come together and rejoice over the return of their favorite sport, whether it's the statistical analysis, biting commentary, or just checking out the hotties in pinstripes, everyone can find a common ground during opening day festivities. Of course this social harmony and unified celebration doesn't last forever. Once the first pitch is thrown it's every man (or woman) for him or her self. My beloved New York Yankees take the field at 1:05 this afternoon against the Toledo Blue Jays. Unfortunately I'll be working when the game starts, but DVR is a lifesaver and I'm anxiously looking forward to getting home from work and watching the game in its entirety. Yay for Baby Charlie's first Yankee game!

It's also a big day for Yankee Universe as a whole - it's Joe Girardi's first game as manager and the last opening day ever in the fabled Yankee Stadium. I'll be there myself in only 47 days!! So let's raise a glass together (water for me, of course) and toast the start of a new season. At this point anything can happen. Let the drama begin!



LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is why I can't find my husband at his job! He took the afternoon off for this game! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, Toledo Blue Jays? I had no idea they moved!!! Ha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails