Friday, March 7, 2008

Things That Make Me Cry, Installment 2

We have "Donut Tuesday" here at the office where a select group of us take turns bringing in donuts for the rest of the group to enjoy. I look forward to it with great anticipation every week. I usually get whatever looks tasty and includes chocolate. It's not uncommon for me to think about donuts on Monday nights, then I wait not-so-patiently for the donuts to make their appearance in the lunchroom.

Sometimes people come in later than usual, which delays the consumption of donuts. When they don't show up by 9:00 I start to get antsy. Well, a few weeks ago, the donuts had not yet made their appearance and I was really hungry and really excited about having a chocolate frosted donut.

Around 9:15 I made my way back for another check, and I could see a box on the counter. My heart raced with excitement, and I rushed over to the box, peeked inside, and saw... Bagels. Bagels, people. Yes, they are round, yes, there is a hole in the middle, and to the untrained eye it might be easy to confuse the two, but there was no excuse here.

Donuts


Obviously NOT donuts (note the lack of frosting or sugary goodness of any kind)



Don't get me wrong, I like bagels, but not when I really was expecting a donut, and not without cream cheese. What did I have? Plain freaking bagels. I went to the bathroom and cried because I really wanted a chocolate frosted donut.

Moral of the story? Don't deny a pregnant woman food she's been thinking about for hours.

1 comment:

  1. HA...I'm cracking up over here! And thanks a lot because I could really die for a donut for dinner now. Especially that sprinkle one in the picture!!!! I agree on the food thought thing...if its in my head, I HAVE to have it. I once cried because we were out of tartar sauce in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails