Wednesday, January 2, 2013

20 Weeks - Banana

So with all of the excitement of the holidays I managed to completely skip over Sweet Potato and Mango weeks. This week marks the halfway point - it's freaking flying by this time around! I feel like such a slacker, I was so into reading pregnancy books and taking weekly bump pics last time and now I'm lucky if I get a blurry shot in the bathroom mirror. I guess second babies really do get the short end of the stick - I was lucky to be a firstborn :)



 


How far along: 20 weeks

Total weight gain: Pretty sure it's exactly 10 pounds, which puts me on track for 30. Recommended range for my starting weight is 25-35. Christmas cookies didn't help, nor did the incredible amount of pizza and calzone I ate for dinner in New Jersey and New York. But it was totally, totally worth it.

Maternity clothes: Still shoving my ass into my pre-pregnancy skirts, as none of the pants I borrowed fit well.

Stretch marks: Nope

Sleep: I always sleep horribly when I'm away from home, so that was no surprise. I did manage to sleep in until 8 almost every morning when we got back home, which was lovely. Shockingly, I made it up until midnight on NYE! I did set my alarm for 11:55 just in case because my eyes kept drooping shut, but I saw the ball drop. I've never missed it!

Best moment of this week: Finally feeling a kick from the outside! Tried to get Charlie to feel, but of course she stopped when he put his hand under mine.

Miss anything: My flat belly. I know it's for a good reason, but I miss feeling cute. And it's just going to get worse :)

Exercise: Running, P90X, added the Kettlebells back in to the mix - I broke down and bought a maternity support belt hoping that it will help me keep running longer. I also made an interesting treadmill discovery - my ligaments only hurt when I set it at 10 minute miles, which is slow for me. I thought I was doing myself a favor by slowing the pace down, but when I went back to 9 minute miles all of the pain went away. It's still slower than before, but at least I don't feel like an elephant stomping around in the basement.

Movement: Yes, but not consistently

Food cravings: Sweet and salty things

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, I'm all good now

Happy or moody most of the time: I'm still pretty cranky. My poor husband made the mistake of suggesting that we just leave the baby room painted beige. I strongly disagreed. (Hi Pookie, it's going to look GREAT in purple! Promise!)

Looking forward to: We have our "big ultrasound" today - the one where they check to make sure that all of the pieces are present and in the right places and that all major systems are operating as expected. I vacillate between being really excited to see the bean again and nearly puking from anxiety because I'm afraid of bad news. Also kind of apprehensive that the MT21 and early sex guess we got were wrong and that we're going to find out that we're really having a boy. I'm still too scared to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails