Tuesday, January 15, 2013

22 Weeks - Papaya

When I was little my sister and my grandmother shared a real bond over papayas. I never really got the excitement - they had papaya "candies," which I guess were the 1980s version of herbal supplements, and I thought they were pretty awful. But either way, that's what fruit we're on this week.




How far along: 22 weeks

Total weight gain: Depends on the day. I got on the scale yesterday and about died, but there were some extenuating circumstances that probably inflated things a bit. It looked much better this morning, I think maybe up 12 total?

Maternity clothes: Always

Stretch marks: Nope

Sleep: I've been up pretty much every hour. I remember last time I thought that this must be nature preparing moms to be woken up by their newborns at about the same schedule, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. On the bright side, I'm already wide awake when my alarm goes off for early morning runs!

Best moment of this week: Probably the box of chocolates I mentioned yesterday. I've been pretty good at rationing them, but others have been picking at them, too.

Miss anything: Beer

Exercise: Running, P90X, Kettlebells. Still sad about the "no" on the marathon, but considering revisiting the topic with the doctor a few months down the road. Finally brought Yoga back into my routine with a prenatal session in my living room yesterday morning. I forgot how much I enjoy Yoga.

Movement: There's a Party in my Tummy!

Food cravings: Chocolate of all sorts. Watermelon, which is a problem because it's obviously not in season.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

Happy or moody most of the time: It depends. Work is busy (which is good), so that keeps me on a more even keel, I think. Also talked to the OB about keeping an eye out for symptoms of worsening OCD toward the end of the pregnancy and the potential for post-partum anxiety issues cropping up. Hope for the best, plan for the worst, right?

Looking forward to: Cleaning, painting, and organizing. Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails