Monday, December 31, 2012

Another Year Over

This year was, by far, the slackest of slack in terms of blogging. But it was so full in other aspects of life, that I can't really find the desire to feel guilty about it. Like all years, it was full of ups and downs - some that I blogged about, some that I didn't - Finishing the Leadville Marathon will go down as my all-time greatest athletic accomplishment. In addition to that, I PRed in the 5K, 13.1, and 26.2 distances. I didn't run a 10K, but I'm confident that I would have killed my PR in that, too. Leadville sorely deserves an official blog post. Better late than never, right? We *almost* moved to Colorado. I mean, it was so close I could taste it, and the disappointment of still being in Cincinnati is still a little bitter. I'm sure I'll get over it. Unfortunately, events surrounding that near-move caused me to lose one of my BFFs. It was a stupid situation that got way out of hand and both of us were/are at fault. I keep telling myself to suck it up and send a letter, but I feel like I've been on hormonal emotional overdrive, so it hasn't happened yet. I went back to school and then didn't take the prelim exam, a decision that I'm at peace with 90% of the time. I sewed another Halloween costume and a Star Wars christmas stocking, tried lots of new Ben & Jerry's flavors, dipped my toes in the Pacific Ocean, and ran along the beach in Maine. I met Todd Park and Joe Biden, and my non-profit won multiple awards at national conferences. I visited SAS headquarters on Pi Day - what's more awesome than that? We went camping, took in one of the longest Yankee games of the season, and finished off the year with a sweeping christmas trip down the northeast corridor, visiting family from New Jersey to Maine and back again. ANDPLUSALSO - we took the plunge and decided to add to our family. Next year we'll be welcoming a baby girl, and I'm so excited to have another baby in the house. I think I'm even MORE excited for Charlie - he is absolutely THRILLED that he's getting a sister. I hope the close of 2012 is as positive for you as it is for me - and I'll definitely be back on the blog more in 2013. I have a lot to talk about. Pretty soon you'll be begging me to stop :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Blissful and WishfulDecember 31, 2012 at 1:38 PM

    Can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A picture of two Charlies sliding into the new year?
    You shouldn't have anything to feel guilty about.  Too bad about the move thing but moves don't always go well.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails