Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pigxiety

I think I need to get back into the mindset that the Pig is just a training run on the way to a greater goal of finishing the Leadville Marathon. I'm already obsessing over the weather, and the forecast so far is calling for 50* at start time, warming up to the 70s with rain and humidity. In other words, the same shitty conditions as last year. Of course today is cool, cloudy, and rainy, a perfect running day for me. I had a good last long run this morning.

I know that I'll do better than last year, even if the weather isn't optimal, but I reeeeeally want to hit the time goal that I wasn't supposed to set.

Last night I had horrible Pig dreams, that they had me registered as a half marathon walker and wouldn't let me switch. In my dream, I also missed the start time by a few hours and no one would give me a ride downtown. I hope that I'll be able to stay on track mentally during this last week of taper. In order for that to happen, I need the nightly thunderstorms to stop, because a screeching child running down the hall to your room multiple times in the night isn't exactly restful....

I'm really bad at this rest and recovery stuff. Too much time too think.

1 comment:

  1. Dreams - amazing stuff - like getting a free movie part.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails