Saturday, December 26, 2009

It's good to be home

Sometimes it takes a few nights away from my own bed in my own house to remember how great it is to be at home with my family (and my cat!). Christmas has come and gone. It was exhausting, mostly because poor Baby C barely slept at all. He was a cranky mess the whole way up and most of the way back. Cleveland is only about 3.5 hours away, but oh my god it feels like so much longer when there's a screeching toddler in the backseat!

His christmas present to me was not going to bed until past 11 on Christmas Eve and then waking up at 5:00 on Christmas morning. Holy hell was it a long day after that. He wasn't even excited for presents! I had to keep him quiet until a reasonable hour so we didn't wake up the entire house. I think he enjoyed his visit with a few of his grandparents and an aunt, uncle, and cousin. They played well alongside each other. That's what the holidays are all about, anyway.

It was an interesting Christmas for me, because I had already gotten my presents. I'm taking a photography class in the spring, but had to sign up for it ahead of time so C couldn't exactly surprise me with it. I knew I wasn't going to have anything to open on Christmas morning and it didn't bother me in the least. I was so excited to give C the presents I had picked out for him! He was pleasantly surprised in the video game and paintball bag I picked out for him. It was even more fun to watch Baby C enjoy his Christmas morning, even though he had very little interest in unwrapping his stuff.

We saved his kitchen set and accessories to give to him today once we were back at home. Figures that as he's receiving his last present of the season it finally "clicks" that he's supposed to tear into the paper. Oh well, hopefully he'll remember his new skill when his birthday rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails