Thursday, November 26, 2009

More Important Things

As I mentioned in my last post, there are more important things to worry about than repelling cloth diapers. That message smacked me across the face yesterday afternoon, when a fellow member of my online community tragically lost her son, who was only a few weeks younger than Baby C. My heart (and the hearts of hundreds of other women, all members of this community) is broken for her. I can't even begin to imagine the pain she must be feeling. It's one of those scary thoughts that comes to you in the dark, after you've shut the lights off and roll over to close your eyes. I cried for her, because I can't imagine having that taken away from me. The very thought of it makes my throat clench and my eyes water again right now.

How fitting that I'm awake at 5:00 in the morning on Thanksgiving, unable to fall back to sleep because I'm so sad for this mother and so thankful that my own family is healthy and safe. I can't wait for Baby C to wake up so I can give him a huge hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails