Monday, June 1, 2009

What chaps my ass

(One of the many, many things, I guess)

It irritates the hell out of me when people complain about how broke they are and then talk about how they spend money on all kinds of frivolous crap.

If you're flat freaking broke and can't survive on one income then GO GET A FREAKING JOB. Plenty of women (and men!) would love to stay at home or work only part-time, but we don't, either because we can't or because we like having a career of our own and financial stability. This is doubly annoying if the individual in question doesn't have any children. WTF are you doing all day, anyway?

If the situation is really as dire as you make it out to be, then suck it up and go find some way to make some money. If you're still going to complain about not having enough money for basic necessities then yes, people will crawl up your ass when you brag about your latest purchase of more clothes, shoes, electronic equipment, etc. when you really need to be buying food, toilet paper, and diapers.

I'm not going to feel bad for you anymore and I'm not going to offer you free stuff.

/rant

2 comments:

  1. I will go ahead and second that wholeheartedly, though I would add that alcohol is also often on the list of things that folks in dire financial straits seem compelled to spend money on.

    "Man, I'm so effin broke...... Hey can I have two shots of Jager and a Harp?" (I wish I was fabricating the above quote, but alas, I'm not; That wasn't even two weeks ago).

    If you're that broke, beer should probably be the first thing to go, or at the very least, you should switch to drinking Beast Ice on your couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People always find ways to afford what they want and not what they need. Unfortunate, but true.

    I completely agree with you on this topic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails