Friday, June 26, 2009

NKOTB

I'm getting all geared up for tomorrow's concert and just realized that I never blogged about the first one! It was everything I hoped it would be. Granted, I set some pretty low expectations for this one, but still....

First of all let me start by saying that I can't believe it's been almost 20 years since I saw them at the Meadowlands. I remember little bits and pieces about the whole event - it was my first concert without an adult. I was going with my supercool teenage babysitter/neighbor Jeanette and her friends. I selected my outfit carefully - my black NKOTB shirt with black leggings, high tops, and green visor perched on top of my permed hair. If only I had a picture....

Oh wait! I do!



I also had an NKOTB-themed 9th birthday party with my old BFF Jaclyn. (I wonder what she's doing these days? Maybe I should look her up on Facebook)

This was our cake:








Anyway. So before the show we went to check out the bar next to the arena. OMFG I don't think I've ever seen that many girls packed into one place. It was like all of the girls who were BFFs in elementary school who grew up to hate each other in high school came back together for one magical night when everyone lived in peace and harmony. Seriously, for not one single cat fight to break out in a place with that many women in such close quarters is pretty impressive.





Wouldn't be an NKOTB show without the cheesy ballad with them all decked out in white.



I wonder how much that guy with the guitar hates his life?



The downside of the random assortment of women in the crowd? This lady, sitting behind me.



All in all, it was a pretty badass evening. It was such a novelty to be at a New Kids concert, but aside from that, Donnie is still a hottie and those boys can put on a show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails