Monday, April 28, 2008

Update from 26 Week Appointment

Total weight gain: 16 pounds

Mostly uneventful, weight gain is right on target, everything looks good, but I'm measuring a little bit small for being 26 weeks so they'll check again next time and if it's still looking behind I'll have another ultrasound. They said not to worry about it because I just had an ultrasound at 23 weeks and everything looked "completely normal." My OB said that I'll just be lucky enough to have a "normal sized" baby, maybe 7-8 pounds. I can live with that.

My appointments shift to every 2 weeks now, starting with the dreaded glucose test at 28 weeks. They gave me the bottle of glucola - mine happens to be lemon-lime flavored and carbonated. Doesn't make me any more excited about it. I'm especially not looking forward to the 3 hour fast that's required for accurate results - they couldn't get me an appointment until 1:45, which means no lunch for me :(

3 comments:

  1. Cool blog!

    Sounds like things are right on track for little C! GL at the glucose test. It's not THAT bad. I hope you pass b/c the 3 hour test is not fun at all! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a glucose test last year because of some medical issues i was having and it really wasn't bad at all, mine was carbonated orange, it tasted like orange pop and i'm sure the lemon lime tastes like 7-up or something

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog!

    Sounds like things are right on track for little C! GL at the glucose test. It's not THAT bad. I hope you pass b/c the 3 hour test is not fun at all! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails