Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wishful Thinking Thursday. And, Pumpkin Spice Lattes

This morning I stepped out of the house and it was a cool 45 degrees out. Projected high of around 60. Perfect fall morning. Perfect day for a Pumpkin Spice Latte.

This is how my morning should have gone.



Wake up on time. Shower, dress, get Charlie ready, pull on hoodie for the first cool morning.

Get in the car and stop at Dunkin on the way to work for aforementioned Pumpkin Spice Latte, to celebrate the arrival of my favorite season.



Get one of their new Caramel Apple Donuts (I'm kind of obsessed - I had one on Saturday and have been thinking of it ever since) to eat for breakfast.



I had one on Saturday and I've been thinking about it ever since.




Instead, it went a little something like this:

5:40 - Alarm goes off

5:49 - Alarm goes off

5:58 - Alarm goes off, lay in bed for another minute calculating how many more minutes I could stay in bed before I would be late for work, decide that I have to get out of bed, regardless, because I have to pee, notice that the clock says 6:00 and have one of those "oh, shit!" moments when I realize I'm definitely going to be late.

6:25 - Try on three shirts, decide none of them look right, scramble to find something else

6:40 - Finally find acceptable clothes, run past Toddler Charlie taking his sweet-ass-time on the potty to hurriedly throw his lunch in his lunchbox.

6:45 (the drop-dead time for me to leave the house without being late) - Realize I forgot breakfast, scoop yogurt into a tupperware and throw granola into my purse.

6:47 - Realize I forgot Charlie's breakfast

6:50 - Finally in the car - if the lights are on my side, there's still time for Dunkin

6:52 - Stuck behind a schoolbus *damn!*

7:15 - Arrive at school, make a spectacular diving catch when Charlie catches his foot getting out of the car and nearly takes a header into the pavement.

7:20 - Stuck behind a schoolbus *damn!*

7:43 - Arrive at work

7:47 - Text from co-worker, morning meeting with client at diner - get back in car and drive to diner

7:54 - 9:15 - Drink too much crappy diner coffee, eat dry toast

Freaking school bus. Play along with Nota, if you need a do-over, too.

1 comment:

  1. Years ago my dad would say - you need to allow yourself more time what if you had a flat tire?  There was a time in my life when I had too many flat tires.
    I'm not suggesting anything about you, but do you know certain people enjoy rushing.  My wife does.  It's an adrenaline thing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails