Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments is brought to you by Mrs4444!

Mommy's Idea

Almost didn't make it to Friday Fragments today! Didn't get to the office until 11:00, thanks to a breakfast meeting, a design meeting with our development team, and a coffee break on the square, where we enjoyed the 64 degree weather. It's good to be me!


I'm running my first Half Marathon on Sunday! It's for the American Heart Association. I'm not so worried about the distance, since I've already run 13.1+ miles on four separate occasions. I'm more worried about the hills - there isn't a flat spot on the course.



Toddler Charlie will also be making his running debut this weekend - he's going to do the Kids Fun Run tomorrow afternoon. He's very excited about "racing like mom" :)


Yesterday we had an afternoon date - took the afternoon off and went out for lunch and a movie. It was absolutely gorgeous weather - 75 and sunny. Lunch was great (Dewey's Pizza = yum!) but the movie (Battle: Los Angeles) sucked. After the movie we picked up Charlie and went to the park. Just so happened that the firefighters were there doing practice drills, and he was just giddy with excitement watching them spray the hoses and flash the lights. I thought he was going to die of happiness when they actually waved us over and let him touch the firetruck! They offered to let him sit inside but he was too scared. It's so nice when people go out of their way to make a little kid happy.


HUGE, HUGE THANKS to everyone who has supported Team Rachel - I'm 2/3 of the way to my goal. Poor girl can't catch a break - she's on day 6 of chemo and her grandfather just passed away over the weekend. Please keep her in your thoughts.


44 days until the Flying Pig Marathon! I'm super excited, but I'm also sad because my running buddy is no longer able to train with me due to an injury. I know she's disappointed by the way things are turning out, but she's managing to keep a shockingly bright disposition about it. Miss you!


Did you know there's a new X-Men movie coming out June 3? I just found out yesterday and it's on my calendar. LOVE comic book movies!



Let's go UC! My Bearcats are finally back in action and won their first round tournament game with a decisive victory last night. So far I'm winning in my bracket competition, but it's only been one night :)


I have Pitt winning the title, how about you?


Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. (disclaimer I know very little about the movie or X-men) I'm surprised that you found "Battle LA" sucked but are excited about X-men. I would suspect the same audience for both.
    Firefighters - not one but I grew up about 2 blocks away from a fire station and currently live about a block away from one. They are great people. I have the best of memories of going there as a kid and taking my kids to the one nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on Sunday. My office mate is doing a half marathon on Sunday too. :)

    Love the X-Men movies. All of them.

    And I have UConn winning. Go Big East. Lord knows Syracuse won't be there (but they are my team).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh!! All you people "bragging" about your warm weather make me sick! LOL! We've been lucky enough to get to the mid-50s this week, but are expecting rain/snow this weekend. :(

    Good luck to both you and Charlie on your runs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Fragments would have been a tragedy!

    Yay for afternoon dates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Mrs. 4444. Good luck on your half marathon! FUN! Hubby and I trained for one several years ago, then right before the race I broke my toe and he had to do training for the Marines. Blah!

    I'm so excited about the X-men! I'm not into comics, but I LOVE the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, miss you too! Thanks for the mention...although my husband could tell you how bright my disposition has really been lately. :)

    Nah, I'm surviving. What else can I do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally a comic book movie junkie too! I can't wait for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from Mrs. 4444. Good luck on your half marathon! FUN! Hubby and I trained for one several years ago, then right before the race I broke my toe and he had to do training for the Marines. Blah!

    I'm so excited about the X-men! I'm not into comics, but I LOVE the movies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails