Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Blogcation

Another christmas has come and gone, and it was great to spend the holiday in New Jersey and Pennsylvania with my family. This is the last time for a while that we'll be out there for the big day. We agreed a long time ago that when we had kids we would spend christmases at home during the "Santa Years." Charlie traveled out of town every year growing up, and he doesn't exactly have the fondest memories of being away from his own house for every single christmas. Part of me (ok, a lot of me) is sad that it's going to be another few years before we start up the east coast christmas express again, but the other part of me is really excited for Toddler Charlie because he'll get to have those christmas memories of waking up in his own bed in his own house. I always forget just how lucky I was that my entire extended family lived in the same place. No one was ever missing from our celebrations.

I'm lucky enough to have a super long christmas vacation this year, so I don't go back to work until January 4th. I try not to spend too much time on the computer when I'm home, and the XBOX Kinect Dance Central game is taking up a lot of my time and energy after Toddler Charlie goes to bed, so I won't be around too much until after the new year. Hope you had a fantastic holiday season with your families!

Bean and the Sibs, Christmas 2010. This is why we're hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails