Monday, March 16, 2009

I <3 my car

Yes, I "carrot three" my car. I drove to Toledo yesterday for Angi's baby shower. It was a great party and I got to spend time with the fabulous Nesties again. I love them, and wish we didn't live so far away. There's a certain passive-aggressive snarkiness that we share that I just haven't found anywhere else (with the exception of two lovely Cincinnati ladies who will remain nameless for their own protection).

It was only a day trip because I'm having an overnight trip in April for the NKOTB concert and I can only handle so many nights away from the house. More accurately, C can only handle me being away so many nights, and I miss my Charlies when I'm gone.

I made it, round-trip, in just under 5 hours. Heading up I was able to tail some idiot who was pushing 100MPH, easily. I passed one cop the whole way. There were more cops on the way home, but I still averaged 85, thanks to the caravan of SUVS who were hauling ass to Cincinnati. The problem (?) with my car is that it doesn't feel like you're going as fast as you are. I'm always shocked when I catch the speedometer out of the corner of my eye.

I've decided that I'm adding another dream vacation to my list: Bonneville Salt Flats. Oh my god, I would love to get my car out there. Might even top ESPN: The Weekend, which is currently leading my list of places/events I want to go to.

On a side note, there is NOTHING on the radio between Dayton and Toledo. Not even a fuzzy NPR station. Another reason why Ohio blows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails