Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holiday Update

I've been off of work since December 23rd. It was a nice, long holiday break but I kind of feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. It seems like there has been a steady stream of people in and out of our house since around thanksgiving. After turkey day we started getting ready for christmas. We (I) dragged the boxes out from the basement, put the lights up, got a tree, did the ornament thing, et cetera et cetera, and now it's time to take everything back down and pack it away until next year. The OCD in me loves packing boxes, but I'm just not in the mood.

Christmas with the baby was lots of fun. C told me that when he was little they would read a story from the Tall Book of Christmas every christmas eve. Of course, he didn't tell me about this until two days before christmas, so I surprised him and overnighted a copy from Amazon so he could continue the tradition with his own child. Katie made him a really awesome Yankees stocking - we kind of draped it over the mantle this year, but next year we'll find a suitable hanging place. The minion didn't really "get" the whole idea of presents, but he had fun chewing on everything, so it was all good :)

We have had some sleep regression lately, which has definitely been trying my sanity at work. Thankfully the last few nights he's been back to "normal," only waking up once to eat around 5. I get up at that time anyway, so I can handle it.

I don't usually do new year's resolutions because I never keep them and then I feel guilty when February comes around, but I will get back into blogging. I need to complain somewhere, and at least online you have a choice over whether or not to listen to my kvetching and rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails