Thursday, November 10, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - Day 8

I'm thankful that in addition to my super Little Sister, I have an equally amazing Little Brother, the middle of the trio.



TJ is a talented musician who lives in Brooklyn with his fiancee Patti.



He has a freakish ability to pick up any instrument and teach himself how to play it within a matter of hours. It used to drive me crazy when I was little - I would slave away at the piano for weeks to master a single piece, and his fingers just flew over the keys like it was nothing.



You can check out some of his music on his website.

I think he sounds like a cross between Sublime, Coldplay, and Radiohead. My most favorite song is embedded below - his version of I'll Fly Away. He did all of the vocal harmonies separately and then mixed them all together. Super talent, for real.



Best of all, he's about to be a proud dad to a baby boy. I can't wait to meet my new nephew in December!

I definitely lost out on the artistic genes, I forgot to mention that Katie is also a talented artist - she draws and paints and designs sets for plays. I'm lucky to have had such an amazing set of siblings to grow up with.

3 comments:

  1. His song sounds gospel like.  I like some Coldplay but the others not so much.  He reminded me of Paul Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful harmonies! Sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He reminds me of a lot of things. He can sound like whoever he wants, truly amazing. Thanks for listening :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails