Friday, September 25, 2009

Mom Goggles

The other night C and I were looking through old pictures and came across the ones that were taken at the hospital when Baby C was first born. I remember thinking that he was such a cute baby, definitely way cuter than any other baby, and certainly not alien-like, as I had so often heard newborns described.

I guess it must have been the mom goggles.

Don't get me wrong, he's super cute these days, but oh my god, looking back at those pictures? Not so much. He was rather yellow and scrunchy.



And the conehead, my good god the conehead. How did I miss that?





He started to improve within a few days



(hey, everyone looks better in a Yankee hat)

A year and change later, he's definitely back to being one of the cutest babies ever.



I guess parent goggles just replace beer goggles once the college days are in the past :)

3 comments:

  1. thats so funny but strangely true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I were just talking about this! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that is so funny. I remember thinking, wow, my baby is the cleanest baby I've ever seen right after birth. I just looked back at the pictures taken right after and yeah, he wasn't so clean. Mom goggles!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails