Friday, July 31, 2009

It's been that kind of week

You know, the kind where Friday seems to take forever to arrive, and you're so mentally exhausted by the end of it that you start to hurt physically, too? I'm mentally drained. I guess that's the flip side of being a numbers person. Sometimes you look at numbers and thousands of columns of data and hundreds of pages of output and statistics that you just want to pitch everything off the top of a very tall building.

I still struggle with the fact that I sold my soul to the corporate world. I wonder, if I was in an industry that was more meaningful, like policy research, would I enjoy it more?

To add to the irritations of my week, I have a huge amount of mommy-guilt right now. I really wanted to take next Thursday off to spend Baby C's birthday with him, but at this point it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I try to remind myself that he's too young to really know what day it is, and he'll have so much fun at his birthday party that it won't matter, and it's not like he's going to remember it, anyway. Maybe I'm more disappointed for myself than I am for him. I'm sure he'll have a fine day at "school" with his friends.

3 comments:

  1. It's been that kind of week for me too! But at least you want to pitch pages of data off a high building instead of people :)

    The longer I work, the more I wish I were still doing ABA with children with Autism. **Sigh** I miss my old job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok, Jene'. No matter what you do - there is always guilt. Personally I think you are one of the best Mom's I've ever seen ;-) - Watching you grow into your role over the past year has been a joy. Charlie is a happy, well-adjusted, loved, and well-cared for lucky little boy to have you and Big C for parents. Keep up the good work, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been that kind of week for me too! But at least you want to pitch pages of data off a high building instead of people :)

    The longer I work, the more I wish I were still doing ABA with children with Autism. **Sigh** I miss my old job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails