Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Guilty Confession

I'm totally addicted to the new NKOTB album. I'm a rational person, I know it's not great music, not well-written, and not inspired. In fact, from every angle I can see that it clearly all around sucks. It's just so damn catchy. It was manageable 2 weeks ago when I only had the MP3s on my desktop at work. I would listen to the mindless noise while writing SAS code. Eventually that wasn't enough. I was craving it at home. I copied the files to a jump drive and transferred them to my home desktop. Well last week that wasn't good enough either. I found myself seriously jonesing for some Summertime while driving home from work. I burned the MP3s to a CD. Now I have it at work, at home, and in the car. The soundtrack for my drive into work has gone from Mike & Mike and Rene Montagne to the 5 hardest working kids in show business. How sad is that?

Maybe when the Yankees stop sucking ass I'll be able to bring myself to tune the dial back to 1360.

I think about you in the summertime....

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, you're not alone!! When I first got their cd last fall, I thought it was pure crap. But I kept listening to it before I went to their concert in October so I could sing along. Now I freaking LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails